This course has been designed to give a basic and clear understanding of the core social media platforms that are crucial to your business. We deliver our courses in a language that everyone can understand from beginners to those with a general knowledge of social media.
This course is carefully tailored to ensure that all attendees can develop their knowledge of social media and be able implement strategies and recommendations to enhance and grow their business.
Who should attend?
This social media essentials course is designed for any employees connected to a business that have an existing presence or wish to bring their business into the social media world. We will teach all attendees the key components to setting up and developing social media profiles and campaigns along with the importance of creating a social media strategy to increase their business performance.
After attending you will develop a good understanding of:
- Social media and the driving forces behind it – your clients and customers
- The importance of social media and how it effects your business
- The key features to create a successful social media strategy
- A good understanding of social media best practices
- How to set up and use the key social media platforms including:
- An introduction to key social media management and reporting tools to measure and manage your social profiles.
Introduction & Strategy Overview
- What is social media?
- How social media relates to your business
- Social media facts to be aware of
- Social media opportunities and threats
- Learn where and who your audience are and how to target them
- What’s the key difference between traditional and social media
- Setting your goals
- Getting started with your social media strategy
- Why SEO relates to social media
- Developing your brand tone of voice
Social Media Platforms
- An overview and introduction to the most popular platforms, how these differ and when/how they originated
- How to set up and optimise your platforms and the benefits of doing so
- Finding your way around each platform – familiarising with each interface
- Social media best practices – basic do’s and don’ts
- How to create engaging content that works for you and for each platform
- Understanding the key features of the major platforms
- Common mistakes
- Reputation management – how to deal with negative communication
- Time management
- Common/useful management tools
- Legal implications
Measuring & Analytics
- Basic analytics – understanding most common metrics of each platform
- Facebook Insights
- Twitter Analytics
- LinkedIn Analytics