This training will help you to improve your self-confidence and understand how best to negotiate price and other variables.
- Proven skills and techniques for influencing, persuading, and negotiating with customers.
- Increased confidence and clarity when reviewing contract terms and prices.
- How to structure and manage sales negotiation and contract review meetings.
By attending this course, you will learn:
- A structured and proven approach to negotiation of contract terms.
- Apply the key principles of negotiation, playing the person and the problem
- Create a contract negotiation strategy – from opening to close
- Use (and recognise) proven negotiation tactics and techniques
- How embrace conflict positively – to “say no, then negotiate”
- Plan and prepare for any commercial negotiation conversations
- Understand the stages of negotiation and how to move through them
Negotiating from a position of personal power
- The eight steps of a sales or commercial negotiation
- Ten ways to resist price pressure
- How to draw on sources of power when you have less authority
- The six principles of influence and persuasion and how to use them
Effective negotiation – planning and theory
- How to plan and structure your negotiation for a successful and quick conclusion
- Influence: Knowing how to ‘push or pull’ to win an argument
- Achieving a BATNA – a range of practical skills and techniques
- Case study: Planning for a customer negotiation around contract or price issues
Effective negotiation – practice and reality
- Higher-level questioning techniques to investigate and solve problems
- Listening to lead – active listening and structuring your conversation
- The most common “unforced” negotiation mistakes and errors
- Case study: Setting objectives, sources of value, trading concessions
Negotiation tactics and playing the game
- How high – how hard – how soon; why now
- How to identify hidden or perceived currencies and values
- How to use these to establish a higher base price
- Negotiation best-practice checklist and summary