This course provides participants with immediate and practical guidance on how to communicate effectively and professionally in writing.
Designed to assist staff within an organisation to produce well-written business documents, including letters and emails.
You will learn how to produce documents that are clear, concise and effective by adopting a systematic approach. You will explore how to plan, structure and write business correspondence. Emphasis is placed on determining clear objectives and giving you increased confidence in your writing abilities.
- Successfully plan, structure and write your documents
- Ensure that the reader’s needs are met
- Be confident that your message is not lost and is quickly understood by the reader
- Avoid common mistakes that impact on your professional image and avoid word inflation
- Construct documents using the correct grammar, words and punctuation that guide and engage the reader
- Ways to structure, arrange content and approach your writing
- The ABC model
- Communicating clearly and focussing on plain, positive, simple and appropriate language
- Sentence structure – active and passive
- Planning techniques that help to achieve your writing objective
- Commonly-confused words and grammatical pitfalls
- Proofread, proofread, proofread – how to find errors in your final draft