Substantial changes taking place in an organisation are often met with a range of responses including scepticism and negativity which can then give rise to conflict and under-performance.
This course is designed to give leaders and managers the knowledge and skills to sympathetically address the range of feelings and responses from staff, whilst remaining focused on the organisation objectives.
As well as gaining an understanding of the common reactions that people have to change, points of change and how you can help them with their personal transitions, there will be opportunities to compare and contrast others’ experiences and with the facilitator for additional guidance.
By attending this training you will learn:
- The common reactions to change and ways to respond
- How to support and coach people as they move through the Change Curve®
- Personal strategies to suggest to your staff to help them cope with the changes Approaches to maintain engagement and performance standards
Understanding People and Change
- Introductions and objectives: what is change and why it matters
- Your role in leading change
- Challenges you encounter as a leader or manager
- The reactions and responses to change
- Examining the Change Curve® stages and how people go through each phase
The Skills of Leading Change Effectively
- Building engagement, resilience, and positivity in your team
- Managing resistance and dealing with negativity
- Maintaining performance and keeping teams focused on goal attainment
- Listening with empathy