Today’s Leaders need the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties (resilience) to find new opportunities and adapt to change. They need to be able to control their impulses in the face of adversity and control their emotions to develop realistic optimism.
This course will help experienced and skilled Leaders to respond positively to the pressures of their environment and improve their resilience.
This highly interactive course will allow participants to look at their own personal situation and their coping strategy, whilst being able to share ideas and information within the group.
They will identify ways in which to control and maintain their leadership presence, whilst improving their confidence, relationship skills and vision.
To gain the knowledge and insight needed to develop a personal development plan.
Understanding resilience and your own levels
– Assessing your own resilience and coping mechanism, to start to identify how you can build resilience to work based challenges and situations
– Personal SWOT analysis
Assertive Behaviour in the Workplace
– Assertive versus Passive behaviour, focusing on the confidence needed to build presence with resilience
Communication – listening whilst speaking
– The skill to effectively communicate your message whilst allowing the communication to be two way
Resilience Framework – Vision, Determination, Interaction, Relationships, Problem Solving, Organisation, Self Confidence.
– A brief overview of the framework with the emphasis on Vision, Determination and Relationships
– The importance of controlling negative thoughts to maintain leadership presence in challenging situations
– Identifying triggers and controlling mechanisms
Leading to Support Resilience
– The importance of coaching and motivating the team to develop resilience
Building a Resilience Development Plan
– Personal action plan for taking control of reactions to situations around them