All of our results in business are dependent on communication whether that is communicating objectives, understanding client needs, collaborating online, participating in meetings, delegating tasks or taking instructions. Successful communication is the foundation of all successful business.
This course has been designed for those who need to focus on being able to deliver clear messages that are easily understood by the receivers.
The organisation can benefit from improved working relationships, better time efficiency and objectives being achieved due to clearer communication.
By attending this workshop, you will –
- Improve greater success and openness in your workplace relationships with people at all levels
- Be able to choose the approach that enhances, not obstructs communication success.
- Know how to establish a personal presence and develop rapport for better communication.
- Build confidence in getting your message across when dealing with a range of situations including group discussions, remote team meetings and interaction with unfamiliar people.
- What affects how we communicate?
- Identifying our weaknesses and playing to our strengths
- Communicating Style
- Understanding the communication process
- Finding your preferred style
- The Communication Chain
- Upward, downward and lateral communication
- Why communication fails
- Communication Techniques
- Using planning, clarity and brevity to communicate effectively
- New Encounters – how start a conversation
- Building rapport – why is this important?
- Misunderstandings – how to avoid the message getting lost
- Emotional Intelligence
- Effective questioning and active listening
- The importance of body language – the language you can’t fake
- Virtual Meetings and group discussions– communicating with intention
- Positive Messages and Personal Presence
- Top tips to control nerves and anxiety
- Confidence and positive self-belief
- Behaviour to aid communication
- Improving interaction during social distancing
- Selecting Appropriate Methods of Communication
- Online, face-to-Face, telephone, email and letters
- Personal Action Planning