Virtually everybody in sales sells over the telephone at least some of the time, so we must constantly evaluate how we use the telephone and where it fits into our sales and marketing mix.
Cold calling in particular needs to be carried out with great care and discretion. Many buyers are terribly sensitive about the sheer number of cold calls they receive and this course will help you establish a professional and tested approach.
- Learn how to research, plan and structure a call.
- Develop more skills and confidence to support you when selling to new prospects.
- Know how to convey a professional image.
- Understand the differences between conventional and consultative sales
- Recognise and increase revenue opportunities for your organisation
- Demonstrate the skills required in asking questions to unearth your client’s real issues
- Offer solutions which specifically addresses client’s needs
- Learn how to move into a trusted advisor and partner role with your clients that adds value to them
- Anticipate and overcome objections
- Recognise when to Close and how to ask for the business
- Planning and Preparation
- Setting Objectives
- Why are you calling?
- The Power of Voice
- Building rapport
- Getting past the gatekeeper
- Your first question
- Effective listening
- Identifying ‘needs’
- Working from scripts? Good or bad?
- Making an appointment
- Handling Objections
- Asking for Referrals
- Follow-up, follow-up, follow-up