This training helps managers recognise the importance of clear and honest communication and how if done correctly is a major step to improving performance, whether at an individual, team, management, leadership or organisational level.
Our interactive course aims to develop the skills and approaches of your management team to build confidence and aptitude when addressing challenging conversations.
The training focuses particularly on conducting conversations with members of staff to develop skills to enable them to actively manage performance issues as well as managing tasks and workplace requirements. Difficult or uncomfortable conversations, if conducted correctly at a relatively early stage, can avoid the escalation to more serious issues.
The sessions provide participants with the practical tools and techniques to utilise immediately when they return to the workplace.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand how to defuse difficult situations and adjust your management behaviour and communication style to get results
- Plan and prepare for challenging conversations both in and out of the workplace
- Improve working relationships with colleagues, those you report to and those who report to you
- Resolve the barriers to conducting uncomfortable or difficult conversations
- Give feedback in a positive way to improve performance
- What are challenging conversations?
- Defining situations where correcting performance conversations are appropriate
- Handling Conflict
- Preparing for a Challenging Conversation
- Building rapport and trust
- Questioning Techniques
- Active Listening
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Focusing on outcomes
- Providing Support
- Personal Action Plans