In business today it is vital that managers have the skills and ability to build and maintain successful business relationships, both for their own development and also for their organisation.
Managers at all levels need to expand their relationships to encompass not only their own department and organisation, but other organisations and the wider business community.
Networking and relationship building is a critical part of any business’s strategy, in both private and public sectors, and the explosion of social media tools in recent years both encourages, and assists, this to take place on a global scale.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to –
- Understand the importance of building better working relationships, both internal and external to the organisation
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in relationship building, and produce an action plan specific to your own development needs and circumstance
- Build better rapport and gain the trust of your colleagues, superiors, subordinates and external contacts
- Build relationships with decision makers and influencers
- Gain the confidence and skills to Network
- Understand what tools are available to Network
- Develop skills to maintain relationships long term
- Be able to project a positive image to the benefit of your employer, and your own development
- Effective and Healthy Working Relationships
- Portraying a Positive Image
- Building a “Go To” reputation
- Building Rapport
- Verbal Communication
- Building relationships with challenging people
- What is Networking?
- Networking – different methods and means
- Maintaining Relationships – Give and Take
- Achieving Win-Win outcomes
- Providing Support and Development to Others