A manager’s ability to recruit and select talent using inclusive techniques has a direct impact on the strength and diversity of an organisation’s workforce. Successful recruitment can lead to diverse teams who have the skills to be innovative and creative.
This training is for all managers who are involved in the recruitment process.
By attending this training, you will gain –
- Increased knowledge of how employment legislation effects recruitment and selection decisions.
- A deeper understanding of how to overcome unconscious bias and make impartial decisions that promote equality and diversity.
- Improved confidence in selection decision making.
- Challenges of the recruitment and selection process
- Employment law and the Equality Act 2010
- Avoiding discrimination in advertising
- Biases impacting the recruitment process and how to mitigate the effects
- Understanding the importance of a good candidate experience
- Creating psychological safety in an interview setting
- Being congruent and building rapport
- Knowing what ‘not’ to ask to avoid discrimination
- Listening with empathy
- Inclusion factors
- Giving feedback