If you are a new first line manager, team leader or supervisor or you have never had any formal management training, then this is the course for you.
For any organisation to run at its peak, it requires business managers and team leaders with strong business knowledge and managerial skills.
Management training is often the catalyst to inspire others within the organisation. We provide the participants with the knowledge and skills they will need in an interactive training environment to help them achieve their goals and ambitions and to manage the performance of others.
This course will clarify the responsibilities of the role of a manager and leader and successful techniques for building and motivating a team will be introduced. Participants will learn styles of management and when and how to use them and structures for delegating and correcting employee performance will be identified and practiced.
The course will review critical communication skills and discuss their application in daily management tasks. Interviewing and selecting staff and setting objectives for performance monitoring and evaluation will be reviewed.
By attending this workshop, you will be able to –
- Choose the most effective leadership and management styles for the situation encountered
- Assess and create a more motivating work environment
- Apply motivational models to problems of employee motivation
- Improve communication by identifying others’ assumptions and behaviours
- Prevent misunderstanding by determining what people are really saying
- Give and receive feedback without putting others on the defensive
- Increase the quantity and quality of work output
- Understand the process of decision making
- Lead and manage remote teams
- Solve problems and make decisions more effectively by creating an effective work team
- Develop a practical framework for understanding management and human resource issues, including best practices
- Leadership vs Management
- What makes an Effective Leader
- Your role in the organisation
- Managing up and down
- Leadership styles and when to use them
- Building a world beating team
- What motivates you and your staff
Personal Skills for Successful Managers
- Learning through listening
- The power of questions
- Effective meetings
- Communicating effectively with remote teams
- Barriers to communication
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Organising time
The Daily Tasks
- Delegating effectively
- Positively correcting performance
- Handling discipline when necessary
- Setting objectives and performance management
- Interviewing and Selecting Staff
- Personal Action Planning for Self Development